Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dining Room Progress

I love me a good before-after post! This weekend Boyfriend and I went into overdrive getting the house ready for company on Thanksgiving (I'm cooking my first turkey, eek!) and we accomplished an impressive amount! The dining room went through the biggest transformation, so without further ado here's what it looked like on move-in day:

BEFORE

Dramatic reveal!

AFTER

We painted it, furnished it, and hung some curtains high 'n' wide (it makes such a dramatic difference, like in my previous bedroom). Shortly after we moved in, we decided the yellow had to go and opted for a warm gray that I really like. It changes colors depending on the light and flatters everything in the room. The curtains from my previous bedroom happened to work nicely AND the curtain rod was the perfect length (lucky!).

We purchased our first dining set a few weeks back when a coworker listed this amazing ensemble from Design Within Reach for a TOTAL steal.  It was still expensive and I had many back-and-forth battles in my brain before Boyfriend convinced me it would be a good buy. Not that that was difficult; considering we got it for 1/3 the original price and could probably sell it for a profit if we wanted, I was easily swayed. Oh, and also I was IN LOVE with it. Seriously, head over heels. Look at these gorgeous curves:


So hot. Here are a few other details. Basket from EQ3, and yes, I'm trying to make those illustrious string balls (I'll post a tutorial once I perfect my technique)


Got this table on Craigslist for $50! I have plans for it, I'm just not sure what they are yet. 


We have a few more things on the to-do list for this room such as buying/making a new chandelier (maybe I'll make a string ball version), hanging some art, and maybe hanging some shelves. Until then, here's another shot.


Can't you just picture us around the table on Thursday stuffing our faces? mmmmm I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment