Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nut-Stuffed Delicata Squash

Once again, Tracy at Shutterbean has inspired us with this vegetarian number!

This is the vegetarian version drizzled with roasted garlic OO with some radish/chard/green bean stir fry on the side

About a week after I saw this recipe, my weekly Riverdog Farms veggie box bestowed upon me a delicata squash and I knew just what to do with it!
On her site, Tracy claims that the combination of nuts and sage make the filling taste like sausage. I decided to put that claim to the test and actually add sausage to half of the stuffing. Boyfriend was the test subject and after trying both the veggie and meat versions, I was surprised to hear that he could barely taste the difference. They even looked the same! Super impressed.

Couple notes: The first time I made this I roughly chopped the nuts and didn't cook the squash until it was soft enough. The combination of these two made it a bit of a chore to eat. The second time around I lightly blended the nuts and cooked the squash to complete softness and it was much nicer!

Head on over to Shutterbean for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment