Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Photo Booth Fail

I had wanted to do a little DIY photo booth at our housewarming for the guests to have fun with, but I never quite got all the technicalities worked out. 

I downloaded a free trial version of Breeze System's photo booth software for DSLRs and hooked my Canon 7d up to the computer via USB. I was going to have the live view on one monitor and the snapped photo on the other. I even bought a remote control for my camera so guests wouldn't have to run back and forth to take photos. A good flash is nice to have. I'm using my Canon 580EX II Speedlite which is *awesome*. It's turns most of my photos to gold, I tell ya.

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to keep the camera from running out of batteries since it wouldn't go into sleep mode while connected to the computer. I also wanted to use it to take photos of the housewarming party (which I ended up being WAY too busy to do, though I did manage to get some food photos).

For more information on setting up a photo booth, this tutorial was very helpful

Despite my failures, we were able to do some testing :)



2 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie! I don't know if you remember me or not, but you had freshman studio with my husband Brian at A&M. Anyway, I stumbled across your blog and I just had to thank you for this post! I wanted to set up a photo booth for my son's first birthday this weekend and now thanks to you I have some very useful tips! Thank you very much. Love your blog; hope you and Chris are doing well!

    Lori Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Yes I remember you! I'm glad you found this post helpful! My recommendation is to test everything out well in advance to make sure you have everything you need.
    Happy one year old birthday to your son! Say 'hi' to Brian for me :)

    ReplyDelete